Third Annual HITEC: Hopkins International Therapeutic Endoscopy Course
||April 3-5, 2019
- Event directors: Dr Mouen Khashab
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
- Contact for general info:
- Laura Friend
- Address - general info:
- Johns Hopkins University
Office of CME
720 Rutland Avenue, Room 20
Baltimore, MD 21205-2195
- The Johns Hopkins International Therapeutic Endoscopy Course (HITEC) is an intense 2-3 day course dedicated to providing the practicing endoscopist state-of-the-art updates in luminal, pancreaticobiliary and bariatric endoscopy. In addition to extensive live endoscopy demonstrations and keynote lectures by superstar national and international faculty, our unique format will include faculty led lunch time symposia focusing on the various aspects of therapeutic endoscopy as well as video sessions that encourage opportunities to demonstrate rare cases not typically performed during live courses in the U.S. The pancreaticobiliary endoscopy sessions will illustrate basic and advanced principles and techniques of EUS/ERCP, cholangiopancreatoscopy and interventional EUS. The luminal endoscopy sessions will focus on techniques such as Barrett's endoscopic therapy, EMR, ESD, POEM and EUS-guided anastomosis creation. The bariatric endoscopy sessions will demonstrate primary endoscopic therapie s, as well as novel techniques to manage the complications of bariatric surgery. Therapeutic endoscopy hands-on labs are offered with training performed by world renowned experts. In short, this unique course featuring super star global endoscopists will ensure detailed and comprehensive illustration of optimal techniques to enhance endoscopic skills, while simultaneously introducing advanced and novel procedures/techniques to endoscopists.
- After attending this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss the latest advances in luminal and pancreaticobiliary endoscopy.
- Discuss different management options for patients with large colon polyps.
- Discuss different management options for patients with peripancreatic fluid collections.
- Present an update on EUS-guided sampling of solid and cystic lesions.
- Illustrate management of patients with upper GI bleeding.
- Discuss management of difficult biliary stones.
- Present an update on the endoscopic management of Barrett’s esophagus.
- Present a variety of bariatric endoscopic techniques, including primary weight loss therapies as well as those to treat the complications of bariatric surgery.
||ESGE Endorsed Event
Offer to ESGE individual members
Significant fee reduction to Third Annual HITEC: Hopkins International Therapeutic Endoscopy Course: