fellow of esge
ESGE is proud to introduce "Fellow of ESGE".
Fellowship is an honorary title bestowed upon an individual by the ESGE in recognition of significant professional achievement and superior competence within the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy through research, professional service, education, and/or clinical care.
- Significant contribution to the field of GI endoscopy as evidenced by one or more of the following: research and publications, teaching, clinical care, medical leadership, evidence of past and ongoing involvement in ESGE activities such as committees / working groups, educational courses, ESGE Days meeting attendance, and / or community service related to GI endoscopy.
- Current uninterrupted membership in ESGE for a period of no less than five years (post Trainee Membership).
- Two letters of recommendation from current FESGE recipients supporting the candidate’s qualifications. The letters should, at a minimum, include:
- How well the person writing the letter knows the applicant (in what capacity, for how long, etc.)
- Qualifications that justify ESGE Fellowship, specifically describing the applicant’s scope of practice, their strengths including: research and publications, teaching, clinical care, medical leadership, evidence of ongoing involvement in ESGE activities such as committees / working groups, educational courses, ESGE Days meeting attendance, etc., community service related to GI endoscopy, the candidate’s integrity and moral character.
- A means of contact if the Membership Working Group has questions.
- Brief CV - no more than 5 pages
- One-time, non-refundable application fee of € 295, after the application has been approved.
- Learn more about ESGE Individual Membership and its benefits
The ESGE Membership Working Group will review applications for FESGE, placing the highest emphasis on the quality and breadth of contribution by the applicant to gastrointestinal endoscopy. The new FESGE will be approved and announced on a quarterly basis.
ESGE will publish FESGE names in ESGE newsletters, ESGE website, social media, and recognize new FESGEs at ESGE Days each year.
All FESGEs will receive a FESGE certificate along with a FESGE pin.
Applications for quarter 3/2023 are due on June 30, 2023.