ESGE Norgine Research Award
Reviving and accelerating CRC screening programmes during a COVID pandemic
About the ESGE Norgine research award
Endoscopy plays a role of paramount importance in primary screening, diagnostics after screening test(s), and in the management of colorectal cancer.
This award has been established to support scientific research in colorectal cancer screening with a particular focus on the recovery and acceleration of colonoscopy screening services during and post the COVID-19 pandemic.
Role of ESGE
ESGE will lead, define and manage this award supported by an arm's length grant from Norgine. The selection of the award winner(s) will be undertaken by the ESGE Research Committee based on the peer-review’s mean rank.
Award winner benefits
- This award totals € 15,000. The funds will be awarded at the discretion of the ESGE Research Committee to the institutions of up to two award winners to continue their research, promote outcomes and support the dissemination of the results.
- Hybrid registration fees to ESGE Days 2022 waived for grant winner(s)
- Application is open to ESGE Individual Members working in a medical institution within the ESGE zone (Central and Western Europe, Mediterranean and North Africa).
- Young researchers/trainees are encouraged to apply
- Learn more about ESGE individual membership benefits
- October 27, 2021: Application opens
- March 15, 2022: Application closes
- March 30, 2022: ESGE Research Committee selection process completed
- April 28-30, 2022: Announcement during ESGE Days 2022