About ESGE Medtronic AI Research Award (Round 2)
The ESGE Medtronic Research Award supports Artificial Intelligence (AI) research in the field of colonoscopy.
This award has now closed for applications and the winners have been notified. The Research Committee was very impressed with the high standard of applications and sends a sincere thank you to all those who applied.
- GI Genius systems will be provided, the number determined by the Award Committee on review of the successful award application
- Direct costs will be covered up to a maximum total value of €8,000 to the successful applicants’ institutions.
Applications for the ESGE Medtronic AI Research Award are evaluated by a subcommittee of the ESGE Research Committee.
- Application is open to ESGE Individual Members working in a medical institution within the ESGE zone (Central and Western Europe, Mediterranean and North Africa).
- Young researchers are encouraged to apply
- Learn more about ESGE individual membership benefits
- First round of applications is now closed
- March 25, 2021 (at ESGE Days 2021): Announcement of first round winners
- April 15, 2021: Second round of applications open
- June 30, 2021: Application deadline
- Second round of applications is now closed
- October 2021: Notification of winners
Preferred areas of research
The Research Committee for round two was particularly interested in research pertaining to (in no particular order): impact of AI on quality parameters of colonoscopy, differential impact according to endoscopist experience and setting, role of AI in training, identification of subtle neoplasia in patients at increased risk of cancer and AI assisted real time optical diagnosis (in-vivo characterisation) of the colonic polyps.
Please contact the ESGE secretariat for more information: email@example.com