EMR and ESD workshop: Hands-on training with live porcine models
October 29 - October 30, 2020
Event Directors: Mario Dinis-Ribeiro, Carla Rolanda, Arjun Koch, Marco Bruno, Apostolos Papalois
Experimental-Research Center ELPEN
95 Marathonos Ave
19009 Pikermi, Athens
Contact person: Shirin Charles
Address: Nuellerstrasse 48 Wuppertal, 42115 Germany
ESGE individual members receive a significant fee reduction
+++ Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our course have been rescheduled in Athens from 28-29 May to 29-30 October 2020 +++
This is one of the few hands-on events this year in Athens – only a few free places left!
- Number of participants reduced to 12
- 3 workstations
- 2 full days of hands-on, theoretical part will be scheduled through a webinar before the workshop
- Protective gear for everybody during the workshop
- No social program like evening dinner
- All participants need to demonstrate a negative Covid-19 test less than 72 hours old
It is with great pleasure that EAGEN and ESGE announce a series of live porcine hands-on ESD and EMR workshops in the training centers of the Erasmus School of Endoscopy in Rotterdam in the Netherlands, the School of Health Sciences – University of Minho (ECS-UM) in Braga, Portugal and the Experimental-Research Center ELPEN, in Athens, Greece.
ESD and EMR techniques are increasingly practiced in Europe with a growing need for intensive individual training. We have developed a training program to master endoscopic mucosal resections and submucosal dissections in a realistic setting using a live porcine model.
Next to hands-on EMR and ESD training, the management of potential complications such as bleedings and perforations will be taught under guidance of an international faculty consisting of renowned experts in the field.
We hope that this unique workshop will serve the need for advanced training in this exciting and developing area of interventional endoscopy and look forward to welcoming you in Athens, Braga and Rotterdam!
Live animal hands-on training in ESD and EMR
Hands-on exposure to advanced endoscopic resection techniques
- Fully equipped live porcine model workstations
- Limited participation (3 per workstation)
- Twelve hours of hands-on training per team
- One-on-one hands-on instructions and teaching from highly skilled experts in the field