ESGE Public Advocacy Committee
Strategic aims and responsibilities
- To promote the role of digestive endoscopy and digestive cancer screening in Europe
- To optimize practice in digestive endoscopy (medical device compliance and reimbursement, digestive endoscopy procedure nomenclature)
- To advocate and lobby for increased funding for research in GI endoscopy
- To present the patients’ view to the ESGE Governing Board on how ESGE’s vision to provide optimal patient care can be met
- To enhance both scientific education for the patient and gain understanding from a health care professional perspective
Dr Michael Bretthauer (Oslo, Norway)
Michal F. Kaminski (Warsaw, Poland)
Jasmin Zessner-Spitzenberg (Vienna, Austria)
In this video we provide a guide to patients undergoing a colonoscopy.
We inform patients on: Why it is important to have a colonoscopy, when you should have a colonoscopy and what to expect when undergoing a colonoscopy procedure.