The ESGE Mentoring PrograMme
About the ESGE mentoring programme
We are pleased to announce the launch of the ESGE Mentoring programme, an initiative of the ESGE Diversity and Equity Working Group.
This is a one-year support programme designed for GI endoscopists who wish to be supported by a mentor in their professional development and/or in their research and academic development.
The programme aims to promote diversity in the ESGE community and to support endoscopists who have had difficulty finding mentors and/or role models in their immediate community or who have been hindered in their professional development due to their personal, economic, or social situation. Mentorship can make all the difference in making progress for the mentee.
Please contact the ESGE secretariat for more information: email@example.com
The mentoring programme process is planned as follows:
- Call for mentors
- Call for mentees - sent out after mentors applications are received
- Matching of mentor/mentee after evaluation of applications.
- The program will run from ESGE Days 2023 to ESGE Days 2024.
- After meeting at ESGE Days 2023 or online, mentor and mentee reach a written agreement on realistic goals they would like to achieve within the mentoring year.
- Mentor and mentee create an annual plan and maintain contact with each other at regular intervals (every 2 months).
- At the end of the program at ESGE Days 2024, both the mentor and mentee will submit a written report of their experience and answer a short survey.
Call for mentees
This call for mentees applications is for ESGE individual members, our endoscopy colleagues, who have been hindered in their professional development due to their personal, economic, or social situation. And therefore, would like to receive support on their career path.
Mentee engagement is essential to the success of this programme, and we ask that you take this into consideration when applying.